Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up!


Weekends don't last long enough do they?

Email is a fun thing. You get something from someone, you open it up and then you lose yourself in the abyss called the internet. I was sent something by a friend. I thought well, that is cute. So here is what she sent me.


I found out all about Hot Browns. So you don't have to look up Wikipedia and fall into the abyss, I will tell you all that I read. Apparently the Hot Brown was originally created in Louisville, KY at the Brown Hotel in 1926.


Thanks to Fred K Schmidt we all get to enjoy that madness. It was created to serve as an alternative to a late night supper of ham and eggs.

It has been featured by TV Chef, Bobby Flay. It is sometimes called the Louisville Hot Brown or the Hot and Bubbly Brown. They even used to do a Cold Brown. I suppose when you visit Kentucky, you have to try a Hot Brown... just to say you did! And of course, you will love it!

No comments: